Saturday, January 21, 2006



This week I have learnt the first play which was Antigone. It was an old play. At first, it hard for me to understand it because the arrangement of the sentences is different from nowadays. However, I cannot stop from reading it because it made me wanted to know what happened to the poor girl named Antigone. Actually this play was from the story Oedipus. So I need to know about Oedipus first before I continued with Antigone.
For the first lecture, I just tried to understand the language helped by Dr. Edwin. It was a bored class for me because all the students do not give responded. We do not know what to say because we do not understand. I just love to read it but to analyze it, I purposely said bored. For this week we just finish analyzed quarter of it. I hope we can finish faster.
Antigone was about a girl named Antigone who has been killed because of her own action. She was one of Oedipus child who married his own mother. She has two brothers who died in the war. One protected the country but one was the traitor for the country. The king, who was Antigone uncle decided not to bury the traitor. Antigone decided to bury her brother because she thought it was a duty for the sake of the blood. Because of her action, the king has give commanded to kill her as a punishment.
For me Antigone has done what she should do because as a family we should respect the death. The past is the past. Even though her brother is a traitor, he still family. Furthermore, we as life person should give respect to the death. We are not the one who judges a person fault, it is god’s job. We just do what we need to do and leave the rest to the god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home