Wednesday, January 25, 2006


Along the way in learning Antigone, I know something about Greek theatre. It always plays with the fate as the main issue. However fate here is not a positive thing. It just about dead which one would fear in hearing it. As in Antigone the word fate has been rewrite a few times and it shows that ancient society really concern about it.
As for Antigone, her fate is nothing to her as she has done a right thing even though she has broken Creon’s law. For dead is nothing because she has set her mind that god will give her better life after the dead. She also willing to accept her fate because she knows god laws is everything in this world. This opinion has been supported by Tiresias who warned Creon for his ridiculous action and decision. Tiresias has warned Creon that he is wrong and what Antigone has done is right in the eyes of god. He also stated to Creon that a fate will come upon him if he still sticks to the punishment to Antigone. All this shows that the word fate plays an important role in theatre and has its own meaning.
As for me, this kind of specific word has made the play called Antigone interesting in analyzing it. Further more it make learner thinks twice in giving a meaning for certain word. As for me, it makes me more careful in analyzing the language in plays and teaches me to be more creative in thinking. In addition, it also helps me to improve my ability in thinking skill and give more experiences in judging a play. This concept of judging and giving meani9ng give me exact view about life. This means I learn not to judge thing or person in real life as my first expression. Rethinks it and consider your thought back. For me, play has given an impact in my real life.
As a conclusion, the concept of judgment and giving meaning is depending on individual. It up to you to see the play as real life or not. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home