Thursday, February 16, 2006


On 8th of February, my friends and I went to watch theatre at Istana Budaya. The theatre that we have watched was Puteri Gunung Ledang the Musical. It was an interesting play because it was a new version theatre of an old epic. It also used music to attract the audiences. I was amazed when I saw it.
The characters were very excellent because audiences can see theatre aliveness in them. They acted bravely and hardly done any mistake. I said like that because not all actors can act in theatre. They need to act spontaneously in front all the audiences and cannot make a mistake. If they have done a mistake they need to cover it without being notice by the audiences. In PGL, the characters have done a good job in entertaining the audiences and expressing the message of the play.
Another element that has attracted me to the play is their setting. There were three main settings in the PGL which were Tanah Jawa, Melaka and Gunung Ledang. The play has come up with an idea to use 4 blocks. The blocks can be move so that different setting can be display. The blocks have represented all the main settings that I have said earlier. It was amazing because the play has come up with such idea. They do not need many types of equipment to present the settings. It will save the cost.
As for all, the PGL has caught my interest in theatre. It makes me change my mind that theatre is bored. In addition, it makes me realize that theatre is one of the best ways to express real life condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home