Sunday, February 26, 2006


It is fun to watch Shakespears, right? Just joking. Not people or students insist to watch Shakespears because they think it is boring. The moment a characters open his or her mouth they fall asleep. Of, course this do not happen to all people. For those who like it will ENJOY it…
However, have you ever think Shakespears theatre in nowadays version? If you do not have the experience, I suggest you should try it. And I am sure it will not create tension in your face. I dare to come up with that statement because I have already had that experience.
My lecturer, as usual, will ask us to watch a theatre and of course what comes in my mind is another one boring Shakespears theater that will make me die to understand the language. The title itself has made my affective filter become high. The title is ‘The Reduced Shakespears Company’. However, suddenly the feeling change as I watch it. It was a new version of all Shakespears plays. When I said all, it means all because the characters perform the summary of the plays. I was shocked. It was fun and makes me laugh until my tears come out. It was very interesting because the language has been changed so that the audiences can understand them. Another thing that makes it interesting is the plotline of the plays. The play is actually a summary of all Shakespears play. This make me feel very comfortable because I do not have to watch all scenes in one play. The characters have done a good job in expressing what one play is all about. This also will attract audiences’ attention because have many stories in that play.
The play also makes the audiences as an active participant. They talk to the audiences, invite them acting on the stage and ask their opinion. It was very alive theatre I ever seen.
As a conclusion, I would very please to watch this new version of theatre some more and hope our Malaysians culture will change their mind toward theatre because we are the one who make it interesting not vice versa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home